zondag 23 juni 2013

REFLECT THE FACE OF JESUS


Dear Friend,
reflect1My friends warned me long before my son was born. “Nick, once you look your little boy in the eyes,” they said, “you will never be the same.” Profoundly true! In February, when my wife and I met Kiyoshi for the first time, our lives were immediately transformed. Changed forever. No matter where my travels take me, my heart is forever linked to his. I can smell his sweet skin, feel his warmth against my chest, and yes, I can picture his eyes looking into mine.
reflect2When our ministry team visited several orphanages in Cambodia last week, my heart was literally broken as I felt the eager stares of children who will never know their mom or dad. Forgotten children. Disabled children. Kids who, from birth, inherited the HIV virus.
As I rolled past boys and girls in their cribs, I could feel their eyes following my path. I could almost read their minds … Who is that weird guy? But when our eyes met, there was an instant connection. This homesick dad could hardly take it. I was fighting back the tears. Rather than let them see my sadness, my shame, my grief, I asked God to help me reflect the face of Jesus.
reflect3And so I played with the children. We laughed. We sang. Our team brought a bright light of love and compassion into an otherwise dark and depressing space. I thought, “In you, [my God], the orphan finds mercy.” (Hosea 14:3)
Our mission in Asia is to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with boldness, and we have already spoken to stadiums filled to capacity. Thousands of people have decided to follow Jesus. In addition to our ministry of evangelism, Life Without Limbs also reaches out to the “least of these” (Matthew 25:40) who cannot attend our public events.
reflect4Jesus said, “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” (John 14:18) This was His promise to provide the Holy Spirit to those who believe in Him. In the same manner, we need to become the hands and feet of Jesus and pursue those who don’t know their Heavenly Father. We cannot wait upon the orphan to find us. We need to find the orphans. An orphan, of course, is anyone who does not know his or her Heavenly Father!
reflect5My heart is spilling over with countless stories of God’s grace during this 2013 World Outreach. I invite you to check out the incredible pictures and stories posted on my blog. You will be encouraged. But, please, in addition to having your heart filled with joy by reading the encouraging stories, do something tangible when God stirs your heart!
Raise your hand and say, “Yes, Nick, I am willing to help you reach men and women, boys and girls, who have yet to meet their Heavenly Father!” James 1:27 says, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the widows and orphans in their distress.”
Thank you for reading my letter and hearing my heart. Together, let’s introduce a waiting world to our Heavenly Father. Once they look into the eyes of Jesus … they will never be the same.
In Him, Through Him, For Him,

Nick Vujicic



P.S. Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40) Would you help us reach out to men and women all across the world who need to see the love of Jesus in our eyes?